This cello came in because the pegs had slipped and the soundpost had fallen over. Usually if it has fallen over which the cello being knocked etc. then it is an indication that the current post isn’t under enough tension. In the end, after checking the fit, we agreed that it made sense to fit a new post. I also addressed the cause of the immediate problem by tweaking the fit of the pegs. I also adjusted the string heights, as they were a bit low for gut core strings.
This cello came in for a new bridge as the old one had warped. I also fitted a soundpost as the old one wasn’t contacting the top very well and had to stand at an angle to get any sort of pressure.